Slickstream experienced two outages between October 12th and 13th, 2021, both due to data center-related issues. The first one lasted only 20 minutes, but the second occurred overnight locally and lasted approximately 6 hours.
The larger period of downtime stemmed from a major outage at the data center Slickstream uses, which was completely offline for slightly over one hour. This then necessitated a complete server restart on our end, which we completed approximately 4.5 hours later. Full service was resumed shortly thereafter.
We know this was frustrating for many of you, and apologize for the inconvenience. As is our policy, no usage charges were accrued during the outage for any customers. We are also designed to fall back to your pre-Slickstream sites when we suffer an outage -- if this process failed in some way, please let us know.
Below is a timeline of events:
October 13, 2021
- 6:30am PDT: Service resumed across all sites.
- 6:00am PDT: Slickstream servers returned online via manual intervention.
- 1:25am PDT: Issue resolved at data center. Slickstream service still down, however, as our own servers restarted.
- 12:20am PDT: A major data center failure sent Slickstream (along with many other sites) completely offline.
October 12, 2021
- 11:05am PDT: Service resumed across all sites
- 10:50am PDT: Problem identified, solution in progress
- 10:45am PDT: First outages reported
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
-The Slickstream team